This week I gave the students a pretty open ended, vague task. I have a book case in my classroom where all the supplies are stored and it stands right in the front of the room and is one of the first things you see upon entering. It's brown and boring!! This week I took apart the book case, some students grabbed shelves and worked on it together and others took the outside part of the book case. I gave them some acrylic paint and paint brushes and let them have at it! They could paint anything they wanted and the result is a fun, way less boring functional piece of art that dresses up my art room beautifully! We had a blast creating it!